Eric Bononi Leads His Team of Attorneys in Meetings for You

Frequently Asked Questions About Custody

Trust our team of experienced attorneys with your divorce, custody, support and other family law issues. Since 1985, Bononi & Company, P.C., has been assisting clients all over Westmoreland County. Here are some questions we often answer about child custody and divorce:

What Should I Do If My Spouse Has Filed For Divorce?

You should speak with our team of attorneys as soon as possible. Upon the filing of the divorce, you begin to have legal rights that you will want to protect.

What Is The Difference Between Legal And Physical Custody?

Legal custody means you are responsible for making important decisions for your child(ren) such as medical, school and religious decisions. Physical custody is what determines when you have the child(ren) in your custody.

How Does The Court Determine Which Parent Has Custody?

In Pennsylvania, the overarching goal of the courts is to determine what is in the child’s best interest. The courts use 16 factors to determine what is in the child’s best interests. The factors are found in 23 Pa.C.S. 5328. It is important to have an experienced attorney to navigate all of the factors to be considered in a child custody case.

Can A Grandparent Be Awarded Custody?

Yes. There have been significant changes to grandparents’ rights in Pennsylvania. Our trusted team has represented grandparents all over Westmoreland County and in the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. We pride ourselves on our client-focused representation to get results that are in the best interests of your grandchildren.

If I Have Joint Custody, Do I Have To Pay Support?

It depends. Support is calculated based on the child’s parent’s income. You can be required to pay child support, and you may receive child support even if you have joint custody.

Contact Bononi & Company, P.C., To Learn More

If you need to speak with a lawyer about divorce, child custody, child support or another important legal matter, we are pleased to offer our assistance. Call our Greensburg, Pennsylvania, law office at 724-832-2499 or contact us online for assistance.