Eric E. Bononi, a founding partner of Bononi & Bononi, P.C., is both a skilled attorney and a distinguished certified public accountant. Offering a full range of tax and accounting services, his comprehensive practice includes tax law, estate planning, corporate law, real estate law and bankruptcy.
After obtaining an accounting degree from the University of Notre Dame, Eric graduated with a Juris Doctor from the Claude A. Petit School of Law at Ohio Northern University. Soon after, he returned to the Pittsburgh area and obtained a position with James J. Bononi, C.P.A. Then in 1985, he and his wife, Michele, established Bononi & Bononi.
Eric’s unique professional capabilities are an asset to the firm, and he often provides services in the areas of: divorce, child support, custody, juvenile and family law.
In addition to memberships in both the Pennsylvania and Westmoreland Bar Associations, Eric has the distinct honor of being a U.S. Bankruptcy Trustee, which is a highly-regarded government position that requires an extensive background check. He is also a member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, sits on the board of 1st Summit Bankcorp and serves an instructor at both the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg and Westmoreland County Community College.
Passionate about community involvement, Eric is currently a member of the Greensburg Rotary, president of the Westmoreland-Fayette Boy Scout Council and a member of the Greensburg-Uniontown Notre Dame Alumni Club. Additionally, he is a trustee of the Dante Alighieri Society (an Italian-American organization) a Fourth Degree Knight of Columbus and has previously served as a member of Excela Health’s Hospital Foundation.
Since matters dealing with family, divorce or estates often entail complex financial issues, Eric finds that the firm’s distinctive combination of legal and financial services is a valuable asset to its clients.
Areas Of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant Admittance, 1987
- Certified Public Accountants, Bononi & Bononi, PC, 1985
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1996
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- J.D. – 1982
- Notre Dame Law School, London
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- Death of Accounting, Pittsburgh Bus Times, 2008
- Bankruptcy Malpractice, US Trustees Office Western District Pennsylvania
- Death of Accounting, Pittsburgh Business Times
- Panel Trustees Bankruptcy PICPA Western Chapter
- PBI Fiduciary Accounting
- Family Law Update, PBA, 2008 to 2008
- Bankruptcy Update, US Trustees Office, 2009 to 2009
- Managerial Accounting, University of Pittsburgh
- Family Law Seminar, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- PICPA Taxation, Westmoreland Bar Association Valuation Techniques
- Panel Trustees, United States Bankruptcy Court Western District
Honors and Awards
- Silver Beaver, Boy Scouts of America
- Boy Scouts of America, Westmoreland/Fayette Council President
- Westmoreland Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Panel Trustee, 2002
- Pennsylvania Bar Admittance, 1995
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Family Law
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
Past Employment Positions
- James J. Bononi, C.P.A., 1985 to 1994
- District Attorney’s Office Westmoreland County Courthouse Greensburg, Pennsylvania, 1983 to 1985
- Certified Public Accountant